dvm is not starting from command line, starts normal AppVM

qube...@tutanota.com

Apr 27, 2018, 3:39:58 AM4/27/18
to Qubes Users
hi, I try to start firefox in my deb-dvm-net from command line with alt+f2

qvm-run deb-dvm-net firefox

It starts a normal AppVM deb-dvm-net instead of dvm.

If I but start the firefox directly from Start - Disposable: deb-dvm-net - firefox, it starts the dvm normally like for example disp2441.

Is the dvm disabled in konsole? Also I cant start konsole in dvm. The console window blinks and disapears.

Thank you!

awokd

Apr 27, 2018, 12:12:26 PM4/27/18
to qube...@tutanota.com, Qubes Users
On Fri, April 27, 2018 7:39 am, qube...@tutanota.com wrote:
> hi, I try to start firefox in my deb-dvm-net from command line with
> alt+f2
>
> qvm-run deb-dvm-net firefox

Check out the qvm-run commands for inside a DVM's .desktop files in
~/.local/share/applications for examples. You probably need to add the
--dispvm option.

> Is the dvm disabled in konsole? Also I cant start konsole in dvm. The
> console window blinks and disapears.

This should work. Are you using a restored template? Maybe try to
reinstall it.

cooloutac

Apr 30, 2018, 7:15:54 AM4/30/18
to qubes-users

Ya i'm having same problem also with gnome terminal in default fedora dvm. It doesn't start.