Qubes 3.2 - Missing prompt: 'Edit Applications' - Problem creating Whonix Disposable vm (dvm)

qer...@tutanota.com

Oct 15, 2016, 5:49:28 AM10/15/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

I am following this guide:

https://forums.whonix.org/t/using-whonix-workstation-as-a-disposablevm-dispvm/2461

I have created the whonix-ws dvm template but am unable to create a usable dvm like in the aforementioned guide, primarily because there is no 'edit applications' prompt and I have not been able to discover the new way of editing applications. Is there a way to edit applications like in 3.1 or must a different process be followed to create whonix-ws dvm for tor browsing?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

raah...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2016, 12:36:44 PM10/15/16
to qubes-users, qer...@tutanota.com

what do you mean by edit applications?

Jeremy Rand

Oct 19, 2016, 7:28:18 PM10/19/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
qer...@tutanota.com:

> I am following this guide:
>

> https://forums.whonix.org/t/using-whonix-workstation-as-a-disposablevm-dispvm/2461
>

> I have created the whonix-ws dvm template but am unable to create a usable dvm like in the aforementioned guide, primarily because there is no 'edit applications' prompt and I have not been able to discover the new way of editing applications. Is there a way to edit applications like in 3.1 or must a different process be followed to create whonix-ws dvm for tor browsing?

Hi,

Might this be a KDE/XFCE difference? I'm using KDE with Qubes 3.2 and
the "Edit Applications..." option is present for me.

Cheers,
-Jeremy

signature.asc

raah...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 11:03:56 PM10/19/16
to qubes-users, qer...@tutanota.com
On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 5:49:28 AM UTC-4, qer...@tutanota.com wrote:

I'm not sure this is what you mean, but to edit start menu items, you hit alt + f3 in xfce.