Re: qubes network

Andrew David Wong

Feb 17, 2018, 7:08:49 PM2/17/18
to Mr SpOn, qubes...@googlegroups.com

On 2018-02-17 04:44, Mr SpOn wrote:
> hi how are you i just install your OS and it was great, very easy.
> very happy :)

I'm glad to hear that. :)

> is there any documentation about the recomend setups needed the
> first time you install qubes os? for now ive only done an update.

Take a look at the Getting Started page:

https://www.qubes-os.org/getting-started/

And our documentation in general:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/

> is my laptop supposed to be connected to the internet all the
> time?

It can be, if you want, but it's not required.

> and every time i want to use firefox i should assign to "personal
> vm" network access? (under settings) for the period of time i want
> to used it? (this is just an example).

For general web browsing, most people just have a dedicated VM (e.g.,
the "untrusted" VM) that always has the same NetVM setting.

> thanks J
>
> Sent from my iPhone

P.S. - Please keep the qube-users mailing list CCed and direct future
queries there. You can read more about our mailing lists here:

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org

Mr SpOn

Feb 18, 2018, 9:58:39 AM2/18/18
to Andrew David Wong, qubes...@googlegroups.com
thanks Andrew for the quick response.

when trying to create a new VM
im getting this error: could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64.

those this means my laptop doesn't support this feature?

thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Unman

Feb 18, 2018, 11:32:40 AM2/18/18
to Mr SpOn, Andrew David Wong, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 02:58:34PM +0000, Mr SpOn wrote:
> thanks Andrew for the quick response.
>
> when trying to create a new VM
> im getting this error: could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64.
>
> those this means my laptop doesn't support this feature?
>
> thanks

Do you have VT-x enabled in BIOS? That would be the usual cause.

Mr SpOn

Feb 19, 2018, 9:17:26 AM2/19/18
to Unman, Andrew David Wong, qubes...@googlegroups.com
thank you so much. Everything is working perfect.

is this toolbar still available? i saw it on a video. you can execute commands on it.

image1.JPG
ATT00001.txt