Usb device

kater...@sigaint.org

Sep 13, 2016, 6:48:50 AM9/13/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I haven't understood yet how open an usb device in Qubes (or in VM that I
choose).
Can someone explain me how do I do?

Thank you

Foppe de Haan

Sep 13, 2016, 9:37:50 AM9/13/16
to qubes-users, kater...@sigaint.org

See here for the how-to, at the bottom for 3.2: -> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb/

kater...@sigaint.org

Sep 15, 2016, 4:53:25 PM9/15/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have the 3.1, is it the same?

Drew White

Sep 15, 2016, 11:39:44 PM9/15/16
to qubes-users, kater...@sigaint.org

What do you mean by "open up a usb device"?
Are you trying to connect via RAW data connection?
Are you trying to connect via Telnet or SSH or something?
Are you attempting to open a USB Data Device?
Are you attempting to connect to a USB NIC/Modem?

Please provide details.

I have no issues connecting to anything like this on Qubes 2, 3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2RC1.

I may be able to help once I know details.

kater...@sigaint.org

Sep 16, 2016, 5:38:58 AM9/16/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello
Ok, I have attached my usb pen to a VM, now if I want to copy some file on
this pen, where I find the device? (Usually other OS open automatically
it)

Thank you

Franz

Sep 16, 2016, 8:29:08 AM9/16/16
to kater...@sigaint.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com
that means that on Qubes manager you followed the "attach/detach block device" item?

now if I want to copy some file on
this pen, where I find the device? (Usually other OS open automatically
it)

If you reply yes to the previous question, then you should open Nautilus in the VM to which  your device is attached. Nautilus will show a triangle next to the name of your device. Clicking on than name you open it.
Best
Fran

Thank you

kater...@sigaint.org

Sep 18, 2016, 10:47:41 AM9/18/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
>> email to qubes-users...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>> msgid/qubes-users/b421e84271092b44ebc53dbbc7ee0f5c.webmail%40localhost.

Hello
Using nautilus open a window with home, download,desktop, music, picture,
video, trash, computer, network, connect to server, but I don't see the
folder for pen drive.

Thank you

Franz

Sep 18, 2016, 10:46:42 PM9/18/16
to kater...@sigaint.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com

>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>> msgid/qubes-users/b421e84271092b44ebc53dbbc7ee0f5c.webmail%40localhost.

Hello
Using nautilus open a window with home, download,desktop, music, picture,
video, trash, computer, network, connect to server, but I don't see the
folder for pen drive.

if you do not reply if you attached your pen drive to that VM, how may we help?

Thank you

kater...@sigaint.org

Sep 19, 2016, 10:23:48 AM9/19/16
to Franz, qubes...@googlegroups.com

>> Hello
>> Using nautilus open a window with home, download,desktop, music,
>> picture,
>> video, trash, computer, network, connect to server, but I don't see the
>> folder for pen drive.
>>

> if you do not reply if you attached your pen drive to that VM, how may we
> help?
>
> Thank you
>>

>> --
>> msgid/qubes-users/783a20df8bfae335812e91eda3a48f32.webmail%40localhost.

Yes, I have attached the pen

Regards