No space left on device

Franz

Oct 13, 2017, 5:27:35 PM10/13/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
whonix was not working so tried to reinstall it for 3.2Qubes with this command
$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community --action=reinstall qubes-template-whonix-ws

However while it worked for whonix-gw I am getting the following error for whonix-ws after the long download:

 qfile-agent: Fatal error: File copy: No space left on device; Last file: qubes-template-whonix-ws-3.0.6-201608050146.noarch.rpm (error type: No space left on device) '/usr/lib/qubes/qrexec-client-vm dom0 qubes.ReceiveUpdates /usr/lib/qubes/qfile-agent /var/lib/qubes/dom0-updates/packages/*.rpm' failed with exit code 1!
No space left on device? Running df -h on dom0 the most used item is:

/dev/dm-1  82%, used 189G available 43G which should be more than enough for a less than 700MB download

So where should I look for?

Best
Fran

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Oct 13, 2017, 6:32:15 PM10/13/17
to Franz, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Franz

Oct 13, 2017, 7:56:45 PM10/13/17
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 13, 2017 19:32, "Marek Marczykowski-Górecki" <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 06:27:31PM -0300, Franz wrote:
> whonix was not working so tried to reinstall it for 3.2Qubes with this
> command
>
> $ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community
> --action=reinstall qubes-template-whonix-ws
>
> However while it worked for whonix-gw I am getting the following error
> for whonix-ws after the long download:
>
>  qfile-agent: Fatal error: File copy: No space left on device; Last
> file: qubes-template-whonix-ws-3.0.6-201608050146.noarch.rpm (error
> type: No space left on device)
> '/usr/lib/qubes/qrexec-client-vm dom0 qubes.ReceiveUpdates
> /usr/lib/qubes/qfile-agent /var/lib/qubes/dom0-updates/packages/*.rpm'
> failed with exit code 1!
>

> No space left on device? Running df -h on dom0 the most used item is:
>
> /dev/dm-1  82%, used 189G available 43G which should be more than
> enough for a less than 700MB download
>
> So where should I look for?

Template (and generally packages) is downloaded to
/var/lib/qubes/updates in dom0. Maybe you have something smaller mounted
there?

There I found only the following: /var/lib/qubes/updates/rpm/qubes-template-whonix-ws-3.0.6-201...noarch.rpm

Doing
du -h
There gives 191M which is very smaller than the 43G I expected.

But the fact that some space is still available suggests that the template was fully downloaded and I do not have to download it again. Correct?

You
may want to try --clean option, to clean cache first.

It seems --clean is an option for a command. Which command?

Many thanks

Franz

Oct 13, 2017, 9:19:24 PM10/13/17
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 13, 2017 20:56, "Franz" <169...@gmail.com> wrote:

I understood, it is the same update command. But running it, it replies 0 files removed. So it may not help.

Is there a easy way to increase space?

Franz

Oct 15, 2017, 11:00:50 AM10/15/17
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
I updated the template again using the --clean option, but I get the same "no space left" error.

But the situation is even worse. Now df -h shows that even the last 43G disappeared from /dev/dm-1. So zero available space left.

Hope there is a solution
Best
Fran

Franz

Oct 16, 2017, 3:00:04 AM10/16/17
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
I removed some templates and everything worked again. It seems there is only a limited space allocated to templates and when this space fills up,  then it messes with the general space available in the system at /dev/dm-1 eating up all available space.