How to use a USB-modem with Qubes OS ?

Nov 9, 2019, 2:06:24 AM11/9/19
to qubes-users
I want to connect to the internet by using a USB modem.

Can I use Huawei E3372H with Qubes OS, and if so how ?

If not: Can you recommend another USB modem that I can use to get on the internet, and please explain how to use it ?

Franz

Nov 9, 2019, 11:26:20 AM11/9/19
to M, qubes-users
You want your USB controller assigned to sys-net rather than to sys-usb. There is an explicit option to that during Qubes installation. Then it should work, if this modem works with Fedora.

But there is a more elegant option IMO, you buy a Dovado router or something equivalent and a modem compatible with it (there is a list of compatible modems). You do not have to touch Qubes and you will have wifi for your phone too.
Best

to have sys-net a