this seems a bug [was express card USB controller]

Franz

Aug 6, 2016, 6:44:50 AM8/6/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Franz <169...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need an additional USB controller that can be assigned to a VM different from sys-usb.

Since I have an express card slot, should something like this work?
https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/usb-30-expresscard-34mm

I bought it and it does not work. Only if I insert it before starting the computer, then I can assign it to a VM with no errors.

But when I start the VM to which it is assigned, it does not start with the error:

libvirtError: End of file while reading data: Input/output error

This is most likely a bug in the Qubes Manager

----
line: if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainIsActive() failed', dom=self)
func: isActive
line no.: 1338
file: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py
----
line: if libvirt_domain.isActive():
func: get_power_state
line no.: 878
file: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py
----
line: state = vm.get_power_state()
func: update_table
line no.: 698
file: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubesmanager/main.py

I got similar problems with other express card USB controllers, so this seems a Qubes bug

best
Fran

Franz

Aug 6, 2016, 6:55:57 AM8/6/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I also paste here some lines from Dom0 log, but it does not seem relevant, because the PCI device that I assigned had address 04:00.0, not 00:id.

(XEN) Guest Loglevel: Nothing (Rate-limited: Errors and warnings)
(XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch input to Xen)
(XEN) Freed 292kB init memory.
(XEN) [VT-D] It's risky to assign 0000:00:1d.0 with shared RMRR at da2ba000 for Dom3.
(XEN) [VT-D] It's risky to assign 0000:00:1a.0 with shared RMRR at da2ba000 for Dom3.