install on a partition?

Sven Hansen

Oct 23, 2016, 11:33:42 AM10/23/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hdd is for testing. Hdd has 3 nfts partitions, sda1, sda2 and sda3. How do I get qubes installed on sda1?
Can qubes be installed side by side with trisquel 7 and subgraph? Thank you.

raah...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 11:16:00 AM10/24/16
to qubes-users
On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:33:42 AM UTC-4, Sven Hansen wrote:
> Hdd is for testing. Hdd has 3 nfts partitions, sda1, sda2 and sda3. How do I get qubes installed on sda1?
> Can qubes be installed side by side with trisquel 7 and subgraph? Thank you.

yes, but it is not officially supported cause one of the other o/s can modify the qubes boot partition, or has better chance to infect bios or firmwares. It also takes more tweaking to add other os entries to the qubes grub, because I believe it has no os-prober.

I found it easier to add my qubes entry to the trisquel grub instead, in the /etc/grub.d/40_custom file. In there you paste the XEN section copied from the qubes boot partition /boot/grub2/grub.cfg file. then update-grub. Probably should repeat the step when qubes updates its kernel or initramfs.

An easy way to reinstall the trisquel grub after installing qubes is here https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/245

Andrew David Wong

Oct 25, 2016, 2:02:50 AM10/25/16
to qubes-users