Qubes 4.0RC2 KDE - NO SDDM

Outback Dingo

Oct 25, 2017, 5:10:26 AM10/25/17
to qubes-users
i tried to follow this page for KDE however it seems sddm is not installed

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/

Chris Laprise

Oct 26, 2017, 12:31:36 PM10/26/17
to Outback Dingo, qubes-users
On 10/25/17 05:09, Outback Dingo wrote:
> i tried to follow this page for KDE however it seems sddm is not installed
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/

I'd also prefer to have KDE running on R4. Except for one issue, it has
been great to use on R3.x. So I'm curious if you can get it running
before I try :)

Have you tried manually installing sddm?

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket

Outback Dingo

Oct 26, 2017, 12:36:39 PM10/26/17
to Chris Laprise, qubes-users
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Chris Laprise <tas...@posteo.net> wrote:
> On 10/25/17 05:09, Outback Dingo wrote:
>>
>> i tried to follow this page for KDE however it seems sddm is not installed
>>
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/
>>

> I'd also prefer to have KDE running on R4. Except for one issue, it has been
> great to use on R3.x. So I'm curious if you can get it running before I try
> :)
>
> Have you tried manually installing sddm?

seems kde plasma isnt even installable right now, i tried based on the
doc yet its missing dependencies in 4.0RC2

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/

Chris Laprise

Oct 26, 2017, 1:01:06 PM10/26/17
On 10/26/17 12:35, Outback Dingo wrote:

> seems kde plasma isnt even installable right now, i tried based on the
> doc yet its missing dependencies in 4.0RC2
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/

Would be best to open an issue for this.

Chris Laprise

Oct 26, 2017, 1:25:54 PM10/26/17
On 10/26/17 13:00, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 10/26/17 12:35, Outback Dingo wrote:
>>
>> seems kde plasma isnt even installable right now, i tried based on the
>> doc yet its missing dependencies in 4.0RC2
>>
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/
>>

> Would be best to open an issue for this.

See here: