Help installing package in template VM via snap

799

Jan 26, 2019, 7:33:30 AM1/26/19
to qubes-users
Hello,

I am trying to update my multimedia howto for Qubes and would like to use a  fedora-29--minimal template instead of debian.

I try to install a package via snap but the template VM is not allowed to access the repository:

snap install <PACKAGE>, results in:
api.snapcraft.io ... read: connection refused.

Question:
What are the correct steps to allow internet access for the template VM?
If possible only to api.snapcraft.io?

I looked at the Qubes docs https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-vm/ but couldn't find a solution, can someone point me into the right direction?

- O

unman

Jan 26, 2019, 9:09:48 PM1/26/19
to qubes-users
There's a package in qubes-testing which you can install in the template
qubes-snapd-helper. You can then use snap in qubes based on the template
- I think that will fit your use case.