RC5 still coming out today?

Bill Wether

Mar 6, 2018, 10:25:21 AM3/6/18
to qubes-users
I'm going to try upgrading one of my Supermicro machines to Qubes 4.0. I need to make a new install disc, but I'll wait if RC5 is coming out soon.

Any news?

Thanks for all the good work

BillW

alexc...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 7:08:03 PM3/6/18
to qubes-users

799

Mar 6, 2018, 7:26:59 PM3/6/18
to alexc...@gmail.com, qubes-users
Hello,

great news. I am missing information how to upgrade coming from a Qubes 4rc4.

In the Installation Guide (https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/ ) it says:
[...]
Upgrading
For instructions in upgrading an existing installation, please see the Release Notes of the version to which you want to upgrade.
All of these release notes are available from the main downloads page.
[...]

In the Release Notes (https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/releases/4.0/release-notes/ ) it says:
[...]
There is no in-place upgrade path from earlier Qubes versions. The only supported option to upgrade to Qubes R4.0 is to install it from scratch and use qubes backup and restore tools for migrating of all of the user VMs. We also provide detailed instruction for this procedure.
[...]

I assume I can upgrade from Qubes 4rc4 just via qubes-dom0-update and then updating all TemplateVMs?

[799]

Andrew David Wong

Mar 6, 2018, 8:04:02 PM3/6/18
to 799, qubes-users