HCL - Lenovo Thinkpad E15

David Easton

Jul 8, 2020, 6:52:11 PM7/8/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

I recently installed Qubes 4.0.3 on a new Thinkpad E15 Intel i-5-10210U with 16GB ram with a 512SSD and a 1T drive. The installation was on the SSD. I had two failures on installation (wiping the pesky windoze) both times while entering the user password. Error was "unexpected error". I did not report it and selected "quit". I then decided to try installing LM 19.2 and then see if Qubes would install over that. It worked! Qubes is the only os installed and it is on the 512SSD.

Everything seems to work so far, except:

  1. The apparently common problem of not resuming after suspend, and having to button off to shut down. I have not tried hibernate yet.
  2. The touchpad and mouse cursor does not move smoothly across the screen. It hops. It was necessary to select a larger windows scheme in order to have a bigger target for the cursor's inprecise movements. Not sure if this may be a memory problem or how to fix it. If anyone knows I would like to hear it.
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20RD005HUS-20200708-135524.yml

Pmonf

Feb 24, 2021, 9:08:25 PM2/24/21
to qubes-users
Update: Everything seems to work now! The system suspends and recovers correctly. The cursor lag has disappeared. Another problem of slow, choppy video and no audio has also disappeared. The system has been working correctly for about 2 months now. I suppose one of the updates resolved the problems. I have not tried hibernate yet as I don't use it. I will probably try it at some time and will report. In the future I will install the latest version and use both drives on this laptop. Many thanks to the Qubes people for a great system! I will donate!