cp/mv from win7VM to other VMs?

Gaiko Kyofusho

Apr 28, 2017, 9:46:14 PM4/28/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Appologies if this is obvious but I only saw it was "possible" in the docs and assumed that I would have the option to cp/mv to another AppVM in the context menu but it seems that I don't have that in my win7VM? I believe I went through the windows tools installation correctly, and I can cp/mv things *into* my win7VM just not out of... am I missing something?

Reg Tiangha

Apr 28, 2017, 9:58:48 PM4/28/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> --

The option is buried in the "Send To" menu when you right-click on a file.

Gaiko

Apr 29, 2017, 3:25:52 PM4/29/17
to qubes-users, r...@reginaldtiangha.com

Thanks for the response.

It seems that its not there either, under the send to menu there seems to be the regular: compress files, desktop, documents, mail

nothing else... thoughts?

Eva Star

May 2, 2017, 2:39:01 AM5/2/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
It's only available at Windows File Explorer, not at other programs.
Right Click -> Send to..

p.s. Qubes Tools installed?

--
Regards

Gaiko

May 2, 2017, 10:30:19 PM5/2/17
to qubes-users, eva...@openmailbox.org

I haven't tried it in anything other than file explorer yet. Qubes Tools is indeed installed, but perhaps it has somehow not installed correctly? I can move things from other appvms into my win7vm which I assume is because qubes tools is working?

Drew White

May 7, 2017, 10:52:58 PM5/7/17
to qubes-users, r...@reginaldtiangha.com

Turn on debug mode, run up, check logs to see if anything has started and failed to complete starting. Services could be failing.