HCL HP Z4 G4

Zbigniew Łukasiak

Jul 13, 2018, 4:31:47 AM7/13/18
to qubes-users
I had a chance to run qubes-hcl-report on a HP test machine. The
results are attached.

I had a problem with one of the network cards - but when I switched
the ethernet cable to the other one it worked. I did not had time to
investigate that. Beside that I did not detect any problems.

I am thinking about buying it as it seems powerful, supports enough
memory and is very quiet.

How important is the SLAT empty result? There was a BIOS setting for
the VTx and I switched it on:
https://support.hp.com/my-en/product/hp-z1-workstation/5230510/document/c04760917/

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
https://medium.com/@zby

awokd

Jul 13, 2018, 5:57:40 AM7/13/18
to "Zbigniew Łukasiak", qubes-users
On Fri, July 13, 2018 8:31 am, Zbigniew Łukasiak wrote:
> I had a chance to run qubes-hcl-report on a HP test machine. The
> results are attached.
>
> I had a problem with one of the network cards - but when I switched
> the ethernet cable to the other one it worked. I did not had time to
> investigate that. Beside that I did not detect any problems.
>
> I am thinking about buying it as it seems powerful, supports enough
> memory and is very quiet.
>
> How important is the SLAT empty result? There was a BIOS setting for
> the VTx and I switched it on:
> https://support.hp.com/my-en/product/hp-z1-workstation/5230510/document/c
> 04760917/

SLAT is pretty important. Can you try to rerun qubes-hcl-report shortly
after rebooting?