HCL HP ENVY 13-ad008nw

R A F

Jan 18, 2019, 3:49:58 PM1/18/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello Team

In attachment you can find HCL from my laptop HP ENVY 13-ad008nw
Qubes OS is new to me so I still do not know much about it but so far this laptop has issue with installation from UEFI .After system was installed during the boot displays following messages (please check file_nr_1 ) Also In this HCL test it shows that TMP device is not found  but in Bios TMP is enabled. For know I do not see any other issues but as a Qubes beginner I would like to share with you some feedback on improvement I see right away. Most difficult was to understand how those VM are connected so it would be nice if in future versions you guys could create some GUI to manage networks. It also would be nice if from that GUI user can create his own IP configuration and connect so specific VM (something like in vmware)
Also I'm volunteering to join your project if of course this is possible because security is part of my life and it is  very important to me as I believe that balance in that area was destroyed and we need to work together to restore that balance. Couple weeks ago I read following line  "Think about your privacy like about your Money" and I must say kind agree with that. What is yours it is yours and that is it.
So looking forward to work with you guys and share my other ideas how to make this project better.

Best Regards
Rafal Niznik
Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_ENVY_Laptop_13_ad0xx-20190118-220343.yml
file_nr_1.jpg

awokd

Feb 1, 2019, 11:25:56 AM2/1/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
R A F wrote on 1/18/19 9:49 PM:
> Hello Team
>
> In attachment you can find HCL from my laptop HP ENVY 13-ad008nw
> Qubes OS is new to me so I still do not know much about it but so far this
> laptop has issue with installation from UEFI .After system was installed
> during the boot displays following messages (please check file_nr_1 ) Also
> In this HCL test it shows that TMP device is not found but in Bios TMP is
> enabled. For know I do not see any other issues but as a Qubes beginner I
> would like to share with you some feedback on improvement I see right away.
> Most difficult was to understand how those VM are connected so it would be
> nice if in future versions you guys could create some GUI to manage
> networks. It also would be nice if from that GUI user can create his own IP
> configuration and connect so specific VM (something like in vmware)

Not exactly what you are looking for, but in Qube Setting for each VM
you specify what network VM it connects to.

> Also I'm volunteering to join your project if of course this is possible
> because security is part of my life and it is very important to me as I
> believe that balance in that area was destroyed and we need to work
> together to restore that balance. Couple weeks ago I read following line
> "Think about your privacy like about your Money" and I must say kind agree
> with that. What is yours it is yours and that is it.
> So looking forward to work with you guys and share my other ideas how to
> make this project better.

I am a fellow user but if you want to join the project, just jump in!
See https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/contributing/ for ways to help. Welcome
to Qubes!