How do I get past this critical error?

Joshua van den Hoven

Nov 29, 2016, 7:15:40 AM11/29/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I am having a few isses with installing Qubes on my Dell Latitude e6330. I have checked and i do have the correct chipset and a TPM available but still get two errors the first is when i let the bootable media check after 4.8% it returns an error and it stops.

If i try to install in troubleshooting mode i get the following error
image1.JPG
ATT00001.txt

Jean-Philippe Ouellet

Nov 29, 2016, 3:49:36 PM11/29/16
to Joshua van den Hoven, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Joshua van den Hoven
<j.b.van...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I am having a few isses with installing Qubes on my Dell Latitude e6330. I have checked and i do have the correct chipset and a TPM available but still get two errors the first is when i let the bootable media check after 4.8% it returns an error and it stops.

Qubes does a checksum of the installation media before trying to use
it, and some bits here have been flipped for you. Your installation
media is simply corrupted.

I saw someone run into this problem (same stop at exactly 4.x%)
because he created the installation media from a Windows machine which
then modified the disk before ejecting it (adding some indexing
metadata or some such? i don't remember exactly why).

If this is the case for you, try using dd from some non-windows machine.

deadhun...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2016, 11:37:25 AM11/30/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

I am writing this from my secondary email adress.

I have tried your sugestion and get through the check but now i get this

Anaconda 23.19.10-4 exception report

What can i try next?

raah...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2016, 11:10:01 PM11/30/16
to qubes-users, deadhun...@gmail.com

use another usb disk, what size is yours? Download another image.

Joshua van den Hoven

Dec 1, 2016, 12:11:41 AM12/1/16
to qubes-users, raah...@gmail.com
Will do that. The size is 32gb and i will try a different ISO today

Op do 1 dec. 2016 om 05:10 schreef <raah...@gmail.com>