why some times I have to kill VM before it functions properly?

Oleg Artemiev

Feb 27, 2017, 3:08:26 PM2/27/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
[olli@dom0 ~]$ qvm-run -p cherehapa /bin/ls | head
su: warning: cannot change directory to /home/user: No such file or directory

xterm and other gui programs do not start. Though if I kill VM the
problem disappear.

I run Qubes 3.2 with Feb 2017 updates .

--
Bye.Olli.
gpg --search-keys grey_olli , use key w/ fingerprint below:

Chris Laprise

Feb 27, 2017, 4:06:09 PM2/27/17
to Oleg Artemiev, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 02/27/2017 03:08 PM, Oleg Artemiev wrote:
> [olli@dom0 ~]$ qvm-run -p cherehapa /bin/ls | head
> su: warning: cannot change directory to /home/user: No such file or directory
>
> xterm and other gui programs do not start. Though if I kill VM the
> problem disappear.
>
> I run Qubes 3.2 with Feb 2017 updates .

Lately, I have had a problem with starting an app + VM where the app
window appears for half a second the disappears, and the VM status stays
yellow. What does your VM status show in Manager?

Chris

Oleg Artemiev

Feb 27, 2017, 5:02:47 PM2/27/17
to Chris Laprise, qubes...@googlegroups.com
qvm-ls shows running state. VM is green, AFAIR.

Oleg Artemiev

Feb 27, 2017, 7:20:26 PM2/27/17
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 1:02 AM, Oleg Artemiev <grey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 12:06 AM, Chris Laprise <tas...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> On 02/27/2017 03:08 PM, Oleg Artemiev wrote:
>>>
>>> [olli@dom0 ~]$ qvm-run -p cherehapa /bin/ls | head
>>> su: warning: cannot change directory to /home/user: No such file or
>>> directory
>>>
>>> xterm and other gui programs do not start. Though if I kill VM the
>>> problem disappear.
>>>
>>> I run Qubes 3.2 with Feb 2017 updates .
>>>

>> Lately, I have had a problem with starting an app + VM where the app window
>> appears for half a second the disappears, and the VM status stays yellow.
>> What does your VM status show in Manager?
> qvm-ls shows running state. VM is green, AFAIR.
could be a permission problem - I mounted private image directly,
executed chown -R 1000:1000 /home/user - next time VM stated ok.
Problem w/ GUI programs were due to X server didn't start.