Regarding Impact of US Export controls on Qubes.

Anish M

Jul 10, 2022, 1:10:48 PM7/10/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi , i am wondering if i am a user from cuba or iran , am i supposed to use qubes in first place. i saw in fedora download page that people from sanction hit areas should not use fedora . since qubes is based on fedora , i am wondering on impact of US Export controls.

Howard Chen

Jul 10, 2022, 1:14:29 PM7/10/22
to qubes-users
The US does not export to Iran, but still exported to Cuba. Qubes just an OS that based on Fedora. You don't have t be concern because of Whonix built-in.

Ulrich Windl

Sep 14, 2022, 7:17:48 PM9/14/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Actually I think you might have even problem _in_ the country where you
use it. Also: Do you _export from_ the US, and is Qubes OS an US
product? As seen with PGP, preventing to export open source software is
somewhat ridiculous.

Ulrich