R4-Win7-64 Installation problem

Lloyd

Apr 11, 2018, 9:04:44 PM4/11/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Installed Qubes R4 on new Intel machine. Wish to install Windows 7- 64 vm. Using Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. Created the virtual machine. Copied windows 7 iso to home folder of "sys-firewall". Gave the command

qvm-start win7 --cdrom=sys-firewall:/home/user/win764.iso

Getting an error:

start failed: internal error: unable to reset pci device 0000:00:14:0 no FLR, PM reset or bus reset available  see var/log/.../libxl-driver.log for details

I loose connection of my keyboard and mouse to the system. The only option left now is to hard power off the machine.

The contents of above log files is

libxl.c:1853: libxl_console_get_tty: unable to read console tty path '/local/domain/1/console/tty' resource temporarily available
libxl.c:1853: libxl_console_get_tty: unable to read console tty path '/local/domain/2/console/tty' resource temporarily available
libxl_linux.c:155:libxl_loopdev_cleanup: unable to release device /dev/loop0: no such device or address

giving lspci command shows that :

00:14:0 is

USB controller: Intel corporation 200 series PCH USB 3.0 xHCI controller

Any tips on making windows vm to work in this condition?

Thanks,
  Lloyd

awokd

Apr 11, 2018, 9:53:57 PM4/11/18
to Lloyd, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, April 12, 2018 1:04 am, Lloyd wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Installed Qubes R4 on new Intel machine. Wish to install Windows 7- 64
> vm. Using Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. Created the virtual
> machine. Copied windows 7 iso to home folder of "sys-firewall". Gave the
> command
>
> qvm-start win7 --cdrom=sys-firewall:/home/user/win764.iso
>
> Getting an error:
>

> start failed: internal error: unable to reset pci device 0000:00:14:0 no
> FLR, PM reset or bus reset available see var/log/.../libxl-driver.log
> for details

Did you attach that USB controller to your win7 qube? Try to detach it
first, before starting?

Lloyd

Apr 12, 2018, 12:09:21 PM4/12/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Did you attach that USB controller to your win7 qube? Try to detach it
first, before starting?

Thanks, you are right and it worked.

Now the windows installation start screen appears, but it stops with a message "a required cd ROM driver is needed.."

Is there any such driver available ?