Issue with hdmi

Patrick Bouldin

Dec 4, 2016, 4:00:47 PM12/4/16
to qubes-users
Hi, after returning to Qubes (I waited for 3.2 since my video was having issues) - seems to be working fine now.

However, when the machine times out into sleep, and if I've turned off my hdmi monitor I can't seem to wake up the video. I can tell Qubes is running, but have tried many ways to wake up the hdmi, haven't found a way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick Bouldin

Dec 4, 2016, 5:13:19 PM12/4/16
to qubes-users

** Update **

I just discovered that turning off the hdmi monitor may be putting the cpu to sleep and locking the keyboard. If I momentarily push the power button and hit the keyboard or mouse it will come up with the hdmi monitor asking for a password. Maybe I'm about to be embarrassed that this is in the doc? Or is it a machine based variable?

Thank you,
Patrick

Patrick Bouldin

Dec 4, 2016, 11:27:09 PM12/4/16
to qubes-users

** 2nd update ** while the above update is true, unfortunately when the machine hibernates the only thing that brings the display back is a cold boot.

So it seems to be associated with losing the hdmi somehow - causing the machine not to be responsive to keyboard wake-up.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Patrick

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)

Dec 5, 2016, 2:16:32 AM12/5/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 12/05/2016 04:27 AM, Patrick Bouldin wrote:

> ** 2nd update ** while the above update is true, unfortunately when the machine hibernates the only thing that brings the display back is a cold boot.
>
> So it seems to be associated with losing the hdmi somehow - causing the machine not to be responsive to keyboard wake-up.
>
> Any clues?

You may have to enable serial port kernel console terminal for
debugging. That's usually very difficult on a laptop.

--
Rudd-O
http://rudd-o.com/