advise on HP Zbook G3 (or another laptop with recommended spec and high RAM)

wael.na...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2016, 8:51:11 PM12/31/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

I am considering purchasing an HP ZBook 15 G3. This would be my first Qubes OS install, and I wanted to make sure my selection would work.
Their Xeon version seems to come with an integrated Intel Iris P580, but they also propose adding Nvidia or AMD graphic cards which I am not sure if I would need at all (or if it would work at all). If I select an additional graphic card, say the Nvidia 2000M, would I still be able to use the Intel Iris that's integrated?

Unfortunately, HP does not provide a permanent link to a customization, so I have created a screenshot of my selection that you can view here https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/showImage?img_id=2008636

Does anyone know beforehand if this setup would work? Should I expect any problems during install? Finally, do you recommend any additions?

Happy New Years everyone!

Thanks,

Wael

wael.na...@gmail.com