whonix + Protonmail Bridge + TorryBirdy?

22...@tutamail.com

Dec 13, 2018, 12:20:46 PM12/13/18
to qubes-users
Has anybody set this up with Whonix in Qubes 4.0? Are you willing to share instructions and opinions?

I have managed to get this setup with a debian template/appvm but wanted to explore doing this within a Whonix template/appvm? The bridge is only in "beta" today and they email the instructions and attachments which seems not as secure. I also get an email when an updated version is available.

My questions are:
- How should the bridge be updated? Is this automatic with a template update?
- I have noticed Torybirdy is dated? It seems Torbirdy is "..incompatable with Thunderbird 60.3.0" according to the message in the current Whonix-14 Thunderbird template?
- I know whonix is a debian derivative but what would be the specific commands?
- I was able to get this working using a Debian template + Appvm + whonix-14-gw but it seems whonix would be a more secure solution? Is this true?

Any thoughts, help or ideas?

Thx
(I understand protonmail is not perfect but I am not prepared to host my own email, nor do I trust google/gsuite as an alternative...)

jean-...@protonmail.ch

Dec 15, 2018, 1:20:39 PM12/15/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
22rip wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 17:20
> My questions are:
> - How should the bridge be updated? Is this automatic
> with a template update?

You have to update ProtonMail Bridge within the debian
template each time a new version is available (current
version is v1.1.0). I've been using it since February and
didn't have any problems so far.
Can't help you with your other questions though. Sorry.