Luks-Password after BIOS update, de layout?

babel

Jan 29, 2017, 9:35:10 PM1/29/17
to qubes-users
I'm having a password issue on a German (X220 Thinkpad) after upgrading the BIOS to the latest version (1.4.3-1-24).

Are there any BIOS options I should be setting that I should make sure to switch on or off? It seems that there are new options, but I'm not 100% sure if my memory is just failing me.

I did use special characters in the password, so that's probably it, and now... well.
Does anyone know if there's a way to see the characters I type as I enter them? Or what keyboard dom0 is using at the startup? I'm new to qubes and relatively new to linux, so any help would be great.

I'm getting "
Set cipher aes, mode xts-plain64, key size 512 bits for device /dev...
Invalid passphrase
"

Also, any way to enter the dracut shell faster than just waiting or am I doing it wrong?