Brightness

Ninja...@protonmail.com

Sep 22, 2018, 5:49:39 PM9/22/18
to qubes-users
Can someone please inform me how to turn down the brightness on Qubes? Noob friendly please :)

awokd

Sep 22, 2018, 11:47:05 PM9/22/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Ninja-mania via qubes-users:
> Can someone please inform me how to turn down the brightness on Qubes? Noob friendly please :)

In dom0 terminal:
cd /sys/class/backlight
ls
cd into whatever is listed here
sudo su
echo 100 > brightness

That last number will vary depending on your model and how bright you
want it. Don't do low numbers unless you can type blind.

Ninja...@protonmail.com

Sep 23, 2018, 12:09:57 PM9/23/18
to qubes-users
Thanks man.

Thanks man,
Had some temporary success.

So this went well for my Qubes 4.0

cd /sys/class/backlight
ls
cd intel_backlight
sudo su
echo 80 > brightness

Then it goes rather quite dark, seemingly regardless of the number I select. And once I change it, changing it again using the echo doesn’t work.
Also, how would you make it permanent? After sleep mode and restarts max brightness returns.

awokd

Sep 23, 2018, 12:47:08 PM9/23/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Ninja-mania via qubes-users:
Check "cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/max_brightness", your
range of allowed values might be different than mine.