OSError: [Errno 2] while reinstalling a TemplateVM

telephe...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2016, 12:25:12 AM9/1/16
to qubes-users
I made the mistake to run this command in my debian-8 TemplateVM :

sudo apt-get autoremove gnome-keyring

Then I wasn't able to get a terminal for the debian-8 TemplateVM and all appVM's in relation to this TemplateVM.

So, I used this tutorial to reinstall a new debian-8 TemplateVM :

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reinstall-template/

The old-debian-8 template is deleted.

The new-debian-8 template is created and updated.

Now here's the problem ... when I try to change from dummy template to the new-debian-8 template I get this message :

[Dom0] Houston, we have a problem ...
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/dummy/apps.templates'
This is most likely a bug in the Qubes Manager

I want to access my files which are still in the appVM's created with the old-debian-8 template.

Thanks for your help

telephe...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2016, 8:25:16 AM9/1/16
to qubes-users
This as just been solved by creating this folder in dom0 :

mkdir /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/dummy/apps.templates

Then I was able to get a menu in Qubes VM Manager to switch from "dummy" to "debian-8" template.

All is working fine now.