Upgrading fedora 23 to 25 Problem

frkl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 9:20:42 AM8/10/17
to qubes-users
Hi,

i installed now Qubes Os 3.2 and I began to upgrade now to fedora 25. I followed the steps at the qubes os homepage ( https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/template/fedora/upgrade-24-to-25/ ).

At step 3 I became following message after downloading the packages:

Total 1.3 GB
warning: /var/cache/dnf/fedora-310.../packages/python2-pygpgme-0.3-18.fc25.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fdb19c98:NOKEY
Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-Key-fedora-25-x86_64 [Couldn't open file /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-25-x86_64]
The download packages were saved in cache until the next succesful transaction.
You can remove chached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'

I don't know how to continue. This warning is not at the qubes homepage explained.

I`m not good in computer things and my English is not the best one, so please write clear :-)

Thanks!

frkl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 11:28:41 AM8/10/17
to qubes-users, frkl...@gmail.com
I checked now the folder where the key should be. I have only "RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-24-x86_64" and not that one for fedora 25. Maybe this causes the problem. So I try now to install first the fedora 24 version and than the upgrade at 25.

hugon...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 1:24:10 PM8/10/17
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 16:28:41 UTC+1, frkl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I checked now the folder where the key should be. I have only "RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-24-x86_64" and not that one for fedora 25. Maybe this causes the problem. So I try now to install first the fedora 24 version and than the upgrade at 25.

You shouldn't need to do that. I did the 23-25 update today, but I didn't follow the link you posted. I used this one: sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-25 and then went on from the step number 6. If you don't have a lot of configs on the template like me, this should work (I'm on RC3.2)

frkl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 4:25:00 PM8/10/17
to qubes-users, frkl...@gmail.com, hugon...@gmail.com
Hi!

Thx for the answer!

I already installed fedora 24 and I upgraded than to 25. It worked :-)

But your way sounds more efficient ;-)

Hugo Costa

Aug 10, 2017, 4:32:16 PM8/10/17
to frkl...@gmail.com, qubes-users
Good to know! My way may be a bit more efficient than installing 24 and then 25, but it's important to remember that it'll erase the configs you may have had on it.
--
Hugo Costa