Network turns off when I close laptop lid, and I can't restart it

bill...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 12:26:52 PM1/27/18
to qubes-users
I recently installed Qubes 4 rc3 on my Dell laptop, and it seems to working well. However, there's a little bit of a problem with my networking. It comes up fine when I reboot the machine, and runs like a charm... but when I close the laptop lid, networking turns off, and I can't figure out how to get it restarted without rebooting.

I'm currently running KDE as my desktop, but it happened in the default as well.

I have tried the following. In the KDE systems utilities gui, I went to power management and turned off all the actions on lid closure, power decline, etc. hoping to keep it from turning off at all. That didn't seem to change anything.

I wandered over to the sys-net domain and looked around. When the network is running, ifconfig shows the wireless interface wls5, as well as vif3.0,lo,and ens6. Once I close the lid, wls5 disappears though the others are unchanged.

ps -ef | grep Network provides /usr/bin/NetworkManager --nodaemon and sbin/dhclient with a zillion options.

after I close the lid, only /usr/bin/NetworkManager is running.

When the network goes off, I have tried

service networking restart in sys-net domain, and I get [OK] back, but nothing changes. I tried "service network-manager restart" and "service NetworkManager restart" but they come up as not existing.

So... how to I re-initialize networking and NetworkManager when the crump, and how to do stop it from doing that on lid closing?

Thanks!

billo

haaber

Jan 27, 2018, 12:44:35 PM1/27/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Did you check out the blacklisting section here ?
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/wireless-troubleshooting/
Good luck! Bernhard

MirrorWay

Jan 27, 2018, 1:02:13 PM1/27/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

bill...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 1:17:44 PM1/27/18
to qubes-users
That was it! Thanks, folks. Problem is solved.

billo