Fedora updates in small sessions, and I must reboot my VMs

yreb-qusw

Jun 10, 2017, 5:33:24 PM6/10/17
to qubes-users
Is there some special reason, why Fedora updates 10 times a week, it's
kind of a pain to manual reboot 10 AppVMs just for some tiny update,
yes, I could just not update the AppVMs , or wait and not update Fed24
when it suggest I do but.....

Foppe de Haan

Jun 10, 2017, 5:52:24 PM6/10/17
to qubes-users, yre...@riseup.net

You do know that you don't *have* to reboot them every time you update the template, right? :)

yreb-qusw

Jun 10, 2017, 6:04:51 PM6/10/17
to Foppe de Haan, qubes-users
Sure thats what I said, but who knows maybe one of these crazy packages
is related to security or something, that or I don't like seeing the
little green circles :)

thanks for replying

Chris Laprise

Jun 10, 2017, 8:09:36 PM6/10/17
to yreb-qusw, Foppe de Haan, qubes-users
Fedora has been that way for years, and its not surprising since they're
more of a testbed distro for Red Hat and not user-focused.

Debian's updates for 'stable' are a lot more reasonable, and you can
choose to update only from the security repository making the update
frequency even sparser.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett