ARM in Qubes OS

load...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2020, 9:55:57 AM11/16/20
to qubes-users

I created the topic in "qubes-devel"groups, but did not get any answers or interest from anyone :) Maybe will be some conversation here.

So, the question is the same: Are there plans to support ARM processors in Qubes OS in the future?

Asking because I see that Debian (https://www.debian.org/ports/arm/) and Fedora (https://arm.fedoraproject.org/) has ARM Ports.

Against the background of a presentation from Apple, with its new MacBook Air, this has become especially relevant, given the specs of their M1 processor (bypasses Intel core i9 even without active cooling).

haaber

Nov 18, 2020, 6:06:49 AM11/18/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 11/16/20 3:55 PM, load...@gmail.com wrote:
> *So, the question is the same: Are there plans to support ARM processors
> in Qubes OS in the future?

no woman, no cry - and no xen, no qubes :)

Guerlan

Nov 21, 2020, 12:05:47 AM11/21/20
to qubes-users
but Xen runs on ARM

load...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2020, 9:38:00 AM11/21/20
to qubes-users
but Xen runs on ARM

Yes, I see the same:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions

So that's why I am interested in plans of developers :)