HCL - Lenovo Thinkpad t450s

Mad Man with a Blue Box

May 27, 2020, 10:02:34 PM5/27/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I would attach the HCL file but I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to get it off the laptop or to get the laptop online.

Anytime I try installing Qubes on this device it says errors and must be an expert/developer to keep going.

When eventually in the main desktop type area none of the VMs will start no way of wetting up wifi or doing updates or anything.

Many errors saying my hardware does not support IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi and that it failed to start an HVM qube with PCI devices assigned.

So it seems this laptop I just purchased because it was suggested on your HCL list by a few people must be significantly different than the one they used as mine won't work at all for anything.

Thanks

MadMan__BlueBox

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Catacombs

May 27, 2020, 10:33:07 PM5/27/20
to qubes-users
I suspect you need to go into the computer setup.  Where you power on the computer, and press some function key.  The BIOS/EFI and enable the Virtualization.  That is what those error messages refer to.

Someone more experienced than I will be along after awhile who is likely more knowledgeable in that exact computer.