Trouble with install on MacBook Pro 2017

Jonathan Jacobs

Nov 30, 2020, 9:29:34 AM11/30/20
to qubes-users
Hello, I was looking to install Qubes on my MacBook Pro and experienced several issues along the way. The one issue I can not fix on my own is none of the VM’s starting.

I got an error after the second installer page right before logging in that libxenlight failed to create new domain sys-firewall. I checked libxl-driver log and see the following:

libxl_console_get_tty: unable to read console tty path ‘/local/domain/1/console/tty’: Resource temporarily unavailable.
device_backend_callback: unable to add device with path /local/domain/4/backend/vif/6/0
domcreate_attach_devices: unable to add nic devices
libxl__initiate_device_generic_remove: backend /local/domain/4/backend/vif/6/0 already removed, cleanup frontend only
libxl__loopdev_cleanup: unable to release device /dev/loop0: No such device or address

I know this is caused by my Broadcom 43 series card and I know many were able to get that to work by putting it into permissive mode but I cannot do that unless I am able to boot sys-net.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Jonathan Jacobs

Nov 30, 2020, 12:28:34 PM11/30/20
to qubes-users
To add to this, I just checked the guest-sys-firewall.log file and it shows as crashing after failing to mount.

mount: mount point /sysroot/lib/modules does not exist
mount: /sysroot not mounted or bad option
switch_root: failed to mount moving /sysroot to /: Invalid argument
switch_root: failed. Sorry.