Q: Monitoring Updates

Ulrich Windl

Feb 29, 2020, 1:40:10 PM2/29/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I noticed that update of templates is rather silent when using the Updater App. Opposed to that when I use "Update Qube" in the Qubes Manager, a text window opens showing actual progress of the update. Unfortunately the mechanism is different (i.e. no Managment DVM is being used).

Is there a way to follow update progress when using the Updater App?

Regards,
Ulrich

unman

Feb 29, 2020, 8:02:43 PM2/29/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
No.
The Updates does show you results from the update process. I do not know
what the Qube manager shows you that is different.

Ulrich Windl

Mar 4, 2020, 4:27:50 PM3/4/20
to unman, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 3/1/20 2:02 AM, unman wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 07:40:02PM +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> No.
> The Updates does show you results from the update process. I do not know
> what the Qube manager shows you that is different.

Well, you could have tried, but see attachment (debian-10, no updates
found).

Screenshot_2020-03-04_22-14-58.png