Lenovo T480/T480s anyone got power management working properly?

mmo...@disroot.org

Aug 4, 2019, 2:37:24 PM8/4/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm struggling to get my T480s working on resume as it displays a blank screen that doesn't allow me to do anything.
All problematic modules are already part of the suspend blacklist:

ehci_pci
xhci_pci
iwldvm
iwlmvm

Nonetheless the resume only works when I shutdown the sys-usb before the suspend, which is a bit painful to do on every suspend.
Power management also doesn't work, when I press the power off button nothing happens nor the laptop enters the suspend state.
The battery also get hot very quickly and drains very fast it seems its not optimized.

Did anyone managed to fix these issues with the T480s or the T480?

Any recommendations are really appreciate.

Thank you!

rec wins

Aug 5, 2019, 1:22:54 AM8/5/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/6d955b4251a377fd6607926a01f818d4%40disroot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/6d955b4251a377fd6607926a01f818d4%40disroot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

???
This is a long-standing issue for some, resolved for some but not for
others at different times. See

The situation has improved for me by getting kernel 4.19.43-1 from
qubes-dom0-security-testing. You could try the new kernel. (But note
that our problems might be a bit different, I never had a qrexec problem
when restarting sys-usb after resume.)

If you need to automate restarting of sys-usb because you can't avoid
this problem, you can add commands in
/usr/lib64/pm-utils/sleep.d/52qubes-pause-vms for suspend and resume,
e.g., qvm-shutdown sys-usb and qvm-start sys-usb. You might need to
qvm-kill sys-usb before suspend to get this to work reliably.

Daniel

Jurre andmore

Aug 5, 2019, 6:39:19 AM8/5/19
to mmo...@disroot.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

I had resume problems, until I disabled thunderbolt in the bios. From that moment on, I could resume without a problem.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Jurre

Stefan Leibfarth

Aug 5, 2019, 7:00:29 AM8/5/19
to mmo...@disroot.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 05.08.19 12:39, Jurre andmore wrote:

> I had resume problems, until I disabled thunderbolt in the bios. From that
> moment on, I could resume without a problem.

I'm not sure this is all necessary, but:
"Un-assign second USB controller (15c1 ?) from sys-usb for suspend to
work" [1].

Greetings
Stefan

[1]