Correct package to install

Qubes

Jul 18, 2022, 3:25:43 AM7/18/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I recently upgraded all of my templates from Debian-10-minimal to
Debian-11-minimal. After the upgrade i have discovered a small problem
but i cannot find the correct package to install to fix it. To explain i
will use a Firefox VM. If i download a PDF in Firefox i open the FF
download manager (Ctrl + Shift + y) and from there is a small icon to
click "Show in Folder", which then opens the default file manager being
Files. From there i right click on the file and "Move To VM", but that
is exactly where the problem is, i am missing "Move To VM" (also "Copy
To VM") from the right click menu.

What is odd is if i open Krusader the "Move To VM" option is in the
right click menu. But doing it in this way is time consuming.

Qubes

Jul 18, 2022, 3:39:40 AM7/18/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
The default file manager being Nautilus, sorry, not "Files" as per
above. To troubleshoot i did install `qubes-core-agent-nautilus` in the
running VM but this did not bring up "Move To VM" in the context
sensitive menu.

Qubes

Jul 18, 2022, 4:01:36 AM7/18/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> To troubleshoot i did install `qubes-core-agent-nautilus` in the
> running VM but this did not bring up "Move To VM" in the context
> sensitive menu.

It does not work installing it into the running VM, it has to be
installed in the template before the dvm starts. I have added it to the
template the VM is based on and it works as expected now.