Dell 5590?

ljul...@gmail.com

May 11, 2019, 10:33:11 AM5/11/19
to qubes-users
I’m looking for a good laptop for Qubes at around 1K and a kind fellow user of this forum had said that the dell 5590 is a reliable laptop for Qubes usage. Has anybody else experienced Qubes with the dell 5590? What are your thoughts and experiences?

Claudio Chinicz

May 12, 2019, 7:08:09 AM5/12/19
to qubes-users
On Saturday, 11 May 2019 17:33:11 UTC+3, ljul...@gmail.com wrote:
> I’m looking for a good laptop for Qubes at around 1K and a kind fellow user of this forum had said that the dell 5590 is a reliable laptop for Qubes usage. Has anybody else experienced Qubes with the dell 5590? What are your thoughts and experiences?

Hi, I've been using Dell 5590 (i5 8th gen, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD) with Qubes for about two months with no complaints. I use Windows 10 Pro, Linux Mint 19, Mirage as firewall and a VM built on the Debian 9 template.

Install was easy and there is no error message on boot/shutdown. There are unexpected behaviours, which do not seem to be due to this particular brand/model but rather as general, as you can see here on this users'group.

ljul...@gmail.com

May 12, 2019, 8:24:31 PM5/12/19
to qubes-users
I’ve found one the Dell Latitude i5 16 GB RAM 256 GB. Is this the one you are using? If not, do you think this would work anyway?

Claudio Chinicz

May 13, 2019, 2:15:15 AM5/13/19
to qubes-users
On Monday, 13 May 2019 03:24:31 UTC+3, ljul...@gmail.com wrote:
> I’ve found one the Dell Latitude i5 16 GB RAM 256 GB. Is this the one you are using? If not, do you think this would work anyway?

Hey, its the same I use except for the disk size. I use 25% of 512GB and would use 50% of the 256GB, still ok for me. Depends on how much disk you need.