Bridge Network

FunFun

May 5, 2016, 10:59:55 PM5/5/16
to qubes-users
How can Assign a NetVM with Ubuntu/Debian a IP from the router range, and how I make it work like "Network Bridged"?

Thanks.

Drew White

May 6, 2016, 2:23:02 AM5/6/16
to qubes-users

On Friday, 6 May 2016 12:59:55 UTC+10, FunFun wrote:
How can Assign a NetVM with Ubuntu/Debian a IP from the router range, and how I make it work like "Network Bridged"?

Easiest way is to set up your sys-net with 2 external IPs, then in the sys-net, re-route the packets.

Drew White

May 6, 2016, 2:27:59 AM5/6/16
to qubes-users

On Friday, 6 May 2016 16:23:02 UTC+10, Drew White wrote:
Easiest way is to set up your sys-net with 2 external IPs, then in the sys-net, re-route the packets.
I actually have all this sort of thing configured in my rc.local.
I've got a script that does many many many things including inter-vm networking and bridging.
There are many other things it does too, so it's in the template, and I keep adding to it when
there is more I need to do.

The InterVM and bridging is all IPTables.
All clean and simple.
   Packet targets the external ip, send it to the internal ip. Bridge done.

FunFun

May 6, 2016, 4:41:25 PM5/6/16
to qubes-users
Solved! :)  Thanks

Iestyn Best

Jul 8, 2016, 12:35:31 AM7/8/16
to qubes-users
Hi Drew,

You mentioned a script you have. Are you willing to share this and provide some details on what you have been working on. I am interested as this may solve a problem that I am currently experiencing.

On Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 6:41:25 AM UTC+10, FunFun wrote:
> Solved! :)  Thanks
>
> El jueves, 5 de mayo de 2016, 22:59:55 (UTC-4), FunFun escribió:
> How can Assign a NetVM with Ubuntu/Debian a IP from the router range, and how I make it work like "Network Bridged"?
>
> Thanks.

How did you get this solved. Could you please share.

Drew White

Jul 8, 2016, 2:47:02 AM7/8/16
to qubes-users
On Friday, 8 July 2016 14:35:31 UTC+10, Iestyn Best wrote:
> You mentioned a script you have. Are you willing to share this and provide some details on what you have been working on. I am interested as this may solve a problem that I am currently experiencing.

I would be interested in a discussion, but not a public one.

cubit

Jul 8, 2016, 11:00:39 AM7/8/16
to Drew White, qubes-users
8. Jul 2016 06:47 by drew....@gmail.com:

I would be interested in a discussion, but not a public one.

Just what a community wants to see, someone willing to take but not contribute back to it when they can.