Reinstallation Failure

Ray Joseph

Nov 10, 2017, 2:14:51 PM11/10/17
to qubes-users
The reinstallation of v4.0 rC2 fails with:
[ 0.000000] Firmware bug: TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata: Please update microcode to version: 0x25 (or later)
[ 10.347567] dracut-pre-udev[460]: rpc.idmapd: conf-reinit: open(“(null))”, 0_RDONLY) failed.
[ 10.347896] dracut-pre-udev[460]: rpc.idmapd: conf-reinit: open(“(null))”, 0_RDONLY) failed.

The above progresses to a graphic display with a large Q in the middle near the bottom of the screen. A progress bar below that shows installation has started but it never progresses. I turn it off after 30 mins.

v4.0 RC2 was running on this Toshiba laptop. I wanted to update the BIOS. I could not find a way to do that with the OS. So I put Windows 10 on it, rant the BIOS update, booted to Windows 10 a couple times then tried to install Qubes.

Searching the web, I found sub=phrases of the above but could not find any specifics and the higher level dracut problems seem to have been resolves in previous version.

Please suggest how I might trouble shoot this.

Ray

cr33d...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 1:45:11 PM4/6/18
to qubes-users
Hi Ray,

It seems that i got same issue with Qubes 4.0 final, Lenovo X1 Carbon I5 vPro 8GB RAM.
After this messages appear, the Screen with the "Q" shows up loading bar filled about 1/5 full and stucked there.

Hope this Problem got some attention, and anyone got a solution or reason why this is happening. Maybe you have already solved it and will let me know how?

If not, sorry that i dont have a solution know, but i will work on get this done.

Cheers,
Jonny

Ray Joseph

Apr 28, 2019, 10:36:24 PM4/28/19
to qubes-users
Johnny,

I have used the latest Qubes on the same machine that errorred before. This one made it through the installation.

I do not know if it did it without error as I don't have networking or USB, but that may be me.

Ray