Qubes and GPUs for Data Science

瀏覽次數:39 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

rspei...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年11月24日 下午3:50:252016/11/24
收件者:qubes-users
I would like to use Qubes for data science work. I understand that OpenGL is not supported for security concerns. I'm wondering whether I could use a OpenCL on a GPU in Qubes for running deep learning algorithms. I'm leaning towards getting an AMD Vega GPU when it comes out. I guess what I am wondering is whether the GPU could safely be in a separate container for churning through machine/deep learning problems and whether there is any reason why that wouldn't work.

Does that make sense? Would this be supported? Is it a security concern?

Salmiakki

未讀,
2016年11月25日 清晨7:24:342016/11/25
收件者:qubes-users、rspei...@gmail.com
You would need "GPU passthrough" and give the entire GPU to one VM. Some people try; most fail. It's not supported and finicky.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息