Debian 9 installation problem

pl1...@sigaint.org

Dec 19, 2016, 1:46:31 PM12/19/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello
In the middle of the installation of the packages with apt-get
dist-upgrade, the terminal suddenly disappears and near debian template
the "state" become yellow.
I reboot it but the "state" remain yellow and when try to open an
application, open a message with "Cannot start qubes-guid!"

Chris Laprise

Dec 19, 2016, 2:32:23 PM12/19/16
to pl1...@sigaint.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com
When this happened to me yesterday, I thought I had done something wrong
(like let the system run low on disk space).

I eventually succeeded, but I think there may be a bug somewhere. The
second time around I did something different with qubes-r3.list... I
think I enabled stretch-testing and stretch-securitytesting before doing
the update & dist-upgrade.

The other thing I did differently the second time: When I was prompted
to auto-restart services, I chose the default "No".

BTW, the 'autoremove' step is a bit dubious; It will remove a lot of
necessary stuff. Manually installing your favorite apps before this step
will probably save time and effort.

Chris

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Dec 19, 2016, 2:34:09 PM12/19/16