Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Stumpy

no leída,
8 ene 2019, 7:04:29 p.m.8/1/2019
para Qubes users
I thought I had snap installed but the app i installed via snap now does
not seem to be working? I installed snapd in dom0 then tried installing
a snap package in one of appvms but I am getting errors. If i try to run
a snap from dom0:
qvm-run gfx /snap/bin/xnview

I get:
Running '/snap/bin/xnview/ on gfx
gfx: command failed with code: 1

when i try to run it within the appvm i get:
user@gfx:~$ xnview
Can not open /var/lib/snapd/seccomp/profiles//snap.xnview.xnview (No
such file or directory)
aborting: No such file or directory

thoughts? please?

Stumpy

no leída,
8 ene 2019, 7:07:55 p.m.8/1/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
oh, and if i try to reinstall the app I get:
user@gfx:~$ sudo snap install xnview
snap "xnview" is already installed

awokd

no leída,
8 ene 2019, 7:59:47 p.m.8/1/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
Stumpy wrote on 1/9/19 12:07 AM:
Nothing should be installed to dom0. You'd have to install snapd in a
template, and possibly the snap package. You might want to create a
Standalone VM and install everything in there, instead of templates &
AppVMs.

Stumpy

no leída,
9 ene 2019, 6:41:15 p.m.9/1/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I had thought I had to install on dom0 as well, perhaps not,
though when I try to:

sudo snap install xnview from the template I get:
user@debian-9:~$ sudo snap install xnviewmp
error: cannot install "xnviewmp": Get
https://search.apps.ubuntu.com/api/v1/snaps/details/core?channel=stable&fields=anon_download_url%2Carchitecture%2Cchannel%2Cdownload_sha3_384%2Csummary%2Cdescription%2Cdeltas%2Cbinary_filesize%2Cdownload_url%2Cepoch%2Cicon_url%2Clast_updated%2Cpackage_name%2Cprices%2Cpublisher%2Cratings_average%2Crevision%2Cscreenshot_urls%2Csnap_id%2Csupport_url%2Ctitle%2Ccontent%2Cversion%2Corigin%2Cdeveloper_id%2Cprivate%2Cconfinement:
dial tcp: lookup search.apps.ubuntu.com on 10.137.3.254:53: dial udp
10.137.3.254:53: connect: network is unreachable

So i was thinking that doing a qubes-dom0-update something so it could
get through? For the life of me i cant figure out what I did on my other
computer to make it work but it works fine there.

I forgot to mention, it is installed in the appvm:

user@debian-9:~$ sudo apt-get install snapd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
snapd is already the newest version (2.21-2+b1).

ideas?

Chris Laprise

no leída,
9 ene 2019, 7:11:56 p.m.9/1/2019
para stu...@posteo.net,qubes...@googlegroups.com
Only apt is configured to access servers through the special Qubes
proxy. Since templates have networking turned off by default, that means
nothing else can download packages or data.

In the short term, you can try enabling networking temporarily for the
template while you install snap packages. Just set the netvm in the
template's settings.

In the long term, Qubes users may benefit from a special accommodation
of snap, which has become a versatile and important way to install
software. Support could include access through the update proxy and even
special storage capabilities. Would be a good idea to open an
enhancement issue for this. :)

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

no leída,
9 ene 2019, 7:32:56 p.m.9/1/2019
para Chris Laprise,stu...@posteo.net,qubes...@googlegroups.com

Stumpy

no leída,
9 ene 2019, 7:39:26 p.m.9/1/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
thanks for that.
I had thought that work that https://github.com/maximilize did and Marek
packaged https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-app-linux-snapd-helper was
supposed to address the installing from templates as well ad bind
directories? or something like that?

Stumpy

no leída,
9 ene 2019, 7:54:43 p.m.9/1/2019
para Marek Marczykowski-Górecki,Chris Laprise,qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marek! I thought there was something, I will recheck what I have
done and make sure I tried the snapd helper in the right place.

Stumpy

no leída,
9 ene 2019, 8:02:49 p.m.9/1/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
That got it!!!! Yeah!! Thank you soooooo much.
Made notes on how it got done this time :)

Stumpy

no leída,
15 feb 2019, 10:39:10 p.m.15/2/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
appologies for digging up such an old thread but I am back to having
issues with snaps. I installed qubes-snapd-helper in the template awhile
ago and then in my appvm I tried to install xnviewmp, foobar2000, and
firefox quantum but to get foobar2000 started I have to run:

sudo snap install wine-platform
sudo snap install foobar2000
sudo snap connect foobar2000:wine-platform-plug
wine-platform:wine-base-stable
sudo snap connect foobar2000:removable-media

though perhaps I just need the last two lines because it keeps telling
me that wine and foobar2000 are installed.

for firefox, I haven't figured it out, sometimes I can run:
sudo snap install firefox
then just start firefox, other times I try that, then try to run firefox
and get:

~$ firefox
internal error, please report: running "firefox" failed: cannot find
installed snap "firefox" at revision 179: missing file
/snap/firefox/179/meta/snap.yaml

I have tried restarting the template and the appvm and reinstalling
snapsd in the template as well as qubes-snapd-helper and snap refresh in
the appvm but no luck.
thoughts?

Stumpy

no leída,
1 mar 2019, 10:41:32 a.m.1/3/2019
para qubes...@googlegroups.com
this issue keeps dogging me. I have also been having it with the
foobar2000 and xnviewmp snaps. It seems to install fine, and indeed I am
able to run it usually but sometimes (havent figured out the pattern) it
spits out a similar error to firefox:

user@media:~/snap$ xnviewmp
Can not open /var/lib/snapd/seccomp/profiles//snap.xnviewmp.xnviewmp (No
such file or directory)
aborting: No such file or directory
user@media:~/snap$ foobar2000
internal error, please report: running "foobar2000" failed: cannot find
installed snap "foobar2000" at revision 231

Please, I cant do without either and while there are other ways to
install both the "unified" way of snap is (or at least should be) much
simpler :(

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar