Re: [qubes-users] how to Github repository Qubes_vpn_support

Message has been deleted

Chris Laprise

Apr 10, 2018, 12:17:29 AM4/10/18
to mivaco...@gmail.com, qubes-users
On 04/09/2018 08:36 PM, mivaco...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am trying to setup a VPN connection with NordVPN (and OpenVPN) in Qubes 4 following this --> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/
> Since I am using Qubes 4 I was led here--> https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support
> I have already followed the instructions on NordVPN website --> https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/linux/openvpn/
>
> my problem: I created a VM and added the vpn-handler-openvpn, but from that VM terminal I cannot clone the git repository from GitHub (I cannot clone any git repository) because permission is denied.

Network access may be blocked if you followed the /doc/vpn instructions,
because then only openvpn would be allowed. If you're going to use
Qubes-vpn-support, then disregard the /doc/vpn instructions ...and
create a fresh VM.

A fresh VM should be able to download files directly.

> So I downloaded it in [user@nameofVM] using the command sudo wget. I type ls and I can see Qubes-vpn-support.git is there but when I type cd Quebs-vpn-support (the line in the GitHub instruction page) the terminal returns
> bash: cd: Qubes-vpn-support: No such file or directory
>
> why is this happening? what shall I do?

On a github project page, the download area supplies two types of links:

One is for a .zip file that can be downloaded with wget or curl or a
browser.

The other ends in .git and is for use with the command "git clone <link
address>".

Either of these will work.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net