Qubes 3.2 GRUB menu not shown after boot

Robert F.

Jan 1, 2018, 9:48:30 PM1/1/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just installed Qubes 3.2 on a Lenovo ThinkPad Y700.
It tried about 4 times and the SSD hard drive where I installed was not seen as UEFI bootable. I went to uefi troubleshoot page, followed the steps there (add mabps, noexitboot on kernel lines) plus creating the /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT folder and moving xen.cfg -> BOOTX64.cfg ,etc.

Now, the hard drive where Qubes 3.2 is installed is seen as UEFI bootable and selected, but when it boots it just hangs in a black screen, without showing anything at all. The hard drive is LUCKS encrypted. I tried to press any key, waited a reasonable about of time, nothing changes, it's just the black screen.

Thank you.

cooloutac

Jan 2, 2018, 1:59:37 PM1/2/18
to qubes-users

You can use legacy boot with 3.2 if you have the option.