AEM from SDCARD on Thinkpad

blar...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2016, 1:05:57 PM8/21/16
to qubes-users
Trying to configure AEM on an SD card for my Thinkpad.

It installs fine and everything, but the problem comes when I try to boot.
Can't boot from the SD Card on this computer...afaik.

I've tried setting it to boot from the USB FDD and USB HDD in BIOS like some forums
have suggested, but no luck there.

Like I said I install AEM, following the instructions in the README to a T, try to boot from the SD card and it boots the OS from the disk.

Not sure if this is just an issue with Thinkpads not being able to boot from SD Cards or if there's something I'm not doing right.

Any help would be appreciated.

pixel fairy

Aug 21, 2016, 1:29:32 PM8/21/16
to qubes-users, blar...@gmail.com
On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 10:05:57 AM UTC-7, blar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Trying to configure AEM on an SD card for my Thinkpad.

what model? have you checked the release notes for you bios version or seen if theres an update? have you tried booting the sd card on something else?

blar...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2016, 3:09:53 PM8/21/16
to qubes-users, blar...@gmail.com

T460. Supposedly it's not possible because the SD Card reader is a PCI device.
Not sure if anyone has found a way around it.
I'd rather use this SD Card if possible than a USB drive.

Andrew David Wong

Aug 21, 2016, 3:38:36 PM8/21/16
to blar...@gmail.com, qubes-users