[Qubes 4.0] UpdateVM in global settings does nothing

p.o.m...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 9:56:48 AM4/6/18
to qubes-users
Hello,

I'm having a variety of problems trying to get my templates to update. One of these is that all my templates seem to want to update through sys-whonix. I run on a lower memory laptop and while I have sys-whonix installed, I don't want to run it every time I want to run updates.

The Qubes Global Settings window allows me to set an UpdateVM. I have set this to sys-firewall and restarted the laptop. But when I go to update the template again (a clone of the default fedora-26 template) it still tries to download packages through sys-whonix.

What gives? How can I make this stop?

Thanks,
- Paul M

awokd