HCL - Lenovo ideapad 110-15ISK 80UD laptop

Connor Westman

Mar 7, 2020, 11:49:45 PM3/7/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have 4.0 installed and it is fully updated to the latest versions.

Its BIOS is updated to a official Lenovo version not originally supplied
with the laptop.

I could only install Qubes in BIOS legacy. I'm not sure what or if any
other BIOS settings need to be changed from their defaults since I had
changed them before Qubes.

The microphone is attached to dom0 whenever it is not attached to a vm.
Does that mean it is not a USB device? Is this a security threat?

The TPM is unusable.

Sometimes sys-net needs to be restarted after sleeping if a lot of ram
is used when the laptop is going to sleep. Other than that, sleep works.

Not a Qubes compatibility problem but it is important to mention;
Sometimes the wifi has problems connecting which persist until sys-net
is restarted.

Wifi works out of the box with the default Fedora template. Debian needs
a firmware package installed.

The camera and microphone work out of the box with Debian. Fedora and
Whonix untested.

USB 2 and 3 work out of the box with Fedora, Debian, and Whonix.

The DVD drive worked to read CDs. It is physically broken now so I can't
test it now. I didn't test DVDs or burning disks. I can't remember what
template this was used with.

Ethernet and Bluetooth are untested but they might need a firmware
package installed.

Sorry if I might have not included all of the information needed. The
legend qubes-os.org/doc/hcl mentions is not there. Hopefully anything
missed will show up in the HCL files.
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-80UD-20200307-175720.yml
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-80UD-20200307-175720.cpio.gz
signature.asc