Qubes 4,02 Fails on sudo apt-get update

American Qubist 001

Sep 26, 2019, 10:26:09 PM9/26/19
to qubes-users
Never had trouble in Qubes 4.0 is it possible to access the repositories from this testing version? Here is the result of the command:

user@debian-10-clone-1:~$ sudo apt-get update
Hit:1 https://deb.qubes-os.org/r4.0/vm buster InRelease
Get:2 https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease [122 kB]
Get:3 https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease [39.1 kB]
Reading package lists... Done
N: Repository 'https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '' to '10.1'
E: Repository 'https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
N: Repository 'https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '' to '10'
E: Repository 'https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
user@debian-10-clone-1:~$

American Qubist 001

Sep 26, 2019, 10:27:28 PM9/26/19
to qubes-users
NOTE: THIS IS IN A TEMPLATE VM!!!

awokd

Sep 27, 2019, 8:34:05 AM9/27/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
American Qubist 001:

> On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 10:26:09 PM UTC-4, American Qubist 001
> wrote:
>> E: Repository 'https://cdn-aws.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease'
>> changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable'
>> N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can
>> be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
>
> NOTE: THIS IS IN A TEMPLATE VM!!!

- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions
- when possible, copy and paste text instead of screenshots

American Qubist 001

Sep 27, 2019, 12:08:15 PM9/27/19
to qubes-users

Dithub thread
indicates to run "apt update" not "apt-get update".

This allows user to select Suite change to stable and the update proceeds.

Thereafter, it is possible to install apps which previously would fail.

Note: Prior to the fix, some but not all apps installed.
Message has been deleted

American Qubist 2.0

Oct 1, 2019, 12:46:38 AM10/1/19
to qubes-users
UPDATE/FAIL/TWO POSSIBLE REAONS OK so I "accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied", was able to update and install apps to the template. HOWEVER, neither the template nor the AppVMs based on it would open!

This might be because I installed way too many apps, to test. I even reached some kind of memory warning or error message.

An intermediate Template/AppVM does work, but as I recall it is one that I did NOT run the "accept explicit" update procedure on. (I was able to install some but not all of the apps I wanted before running the procedure recommended in Github.

I will try this again , running the "explicit accept" and see if the pertinent Template/AppVMs will indeed run. This will confirm whether the error was that I bloated out the template with too many apps, or a problem with the update and repository atuthentication procedure.