Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Claudio Chinicz

nepřečteno,
7. 11. 2019 6:13:0307.11.19
komu: qubes-users
Hi,

I want to buy a Bluetooth USB to connect my PC with Qubes 4 to an ear phone. The device I'm considering says its compatible with Fedora and Linux Kernel 3.0.34, 3.2.20, 3.4 and later.

Has anyone done it before? Can I use it with an AppVM created from the Fedora 30 Template? Will I need to change the Template and install any driver?

Thanks in advance for any feed-back.

Claudio

Franz

nepřečteno,
7. 11. 2019 6:53:1307.11.19
komu: Claudio Chinicz, qubes-users
On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:13 AM Claudio Chinicz <cchi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want to buy a Bluetooth USB to connect my PC with Qubes 4 to an ear phone. The device I'm considering says its compatible with Fedora and Linux Kernel 3.0.34, 3.2.20, 3.4 and later.

Has anyone done it before? Can I use it with an AppVM created from the Fedora 30 Template?

Yes, but not any appVM, I would use the one to which the USB controller is assigned, that is sys-usb or sys-net, according to what you selected during Qubes installation.  Obviously it will work ONLY with what is played in either sys-net or sys-usb.

Will I need to change the Template and install any driver?

probably not, check you BT adapter manual

If you need to route the audio of all appVMs to BT, there is a way even if the audio quality may decrease a bit. There are external hardware 3.5 audio jack converters to BT. It works perfectly and they are cheap.
Best

Claudio Chinicz

nepřečteno,
7. 11. 2019 10:04:3107.11.19