qvm-usb is broken in Qubes 4.0 rc4

Fabrizio Romano Genovese

Feb 4, 2018, 8:50:12 PM2/4/18
to qubes-users
Hello all,

When I try to attach my webcam to any appvm, I get the following message:

Device attach failed: /usr/lib/qubes/usb-import: line 32: /sys/devices/platform/vhci_hcd/status: No such file or directoryNo unused port found!/usr/lib/qubes/usb-import: line 51: /sys/devices/platform/vhci_hcd/attach: No such file or directory

In the meantime, the devices widget thinks that everything is ok.
I was able to reproduce this error on two different machines, one upgraded from Qubes 4.0 rc3 and another coming from a fresh install. What should I do?

Cheers,
Fab

Tim W

Feb 4, 2018, 10:39:31 PM2/4/18
to qubes-users

Open a issue in qubes qit or mention it over on the qubes-devel list.

Tim W

Feb 4, 2018, 10:57:32 PM2/4/18
to qubes-users
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 8:50:12 PM UTC-5, Fabrizio Romano Genovese wrote:

Does it work with a flash drive as storage device?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Feb 5, 2018, 4:24:36 PM2/5/18
to Fabrizio Romano Genovese, qubes-users

Nuno Branco

Feb 6, 2018, 5:09:17 AM2/6/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I am not the OP but I have the same issue with webcam and storage device
is not passing trough either. The only thing that seems to pass trough
fine is the microphone
--

Best regards,
Nuno Branco