No VMs after installation

razvan....@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2018, 5:54:09 AM11/3/18
to qubes-users
I have just installed Qubes-OS 4.0 on my Dell Latitude 7490 on a external USB 3 enclosure containing a Samsung SSD. I had to copy the /boot/efi/EFI/qubes directory to BOOT and do the other steps in the Troubleshooting section. I managed to boot to qubes-os.

The only thing which is starting is dom0:mic, qvm-ls lists only dom0, qubes.log reports “Required property ‘default_template’ not set on qubes.app.Qubes object”. I can see the list of installed templates on /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/, but nothing appears in the start menu, or in qubes-manager.

What can I do?

Thanks

awokd

Nov 3, 2018, 12:07:29 PM11/3/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
razvan....@gmail.com:
> I have just installed Qubes-OS 4.0 on my Dell Latitude 7490 on a external USB 3 enclosure containing a Samsung SSD. I had to copy the /boot/efi/EFI/qubes directory to BOOT and do the other steps in the Troubleshooting section. I managed to boot to qubes-os.
>
> The only thing which is starting is dom0:mic, qvm-ls lists only dom0, qubes.log reports “Required property ‘default_template’ not set on qubes.app.Qubes object”. I can see the list of installed templates on /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/, but nothing appears in the start menu, or in qubes-manager.
>
> What can I do?

Did you see this recent thread?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/aojqaTI4pvY/mHquPWU7BgAJ