Unable to mount DVD-RAM in VM in read-write mode

David Shleifman

Apr 17, 2017, 7:12:06 AM4/17/17
to Qubes-users
Hi,

A DVD-RAM /dev/sr0 is connected to the same SATA controller as
the system HDDs. It is visible in dom0 as /dev/sr0. I attached it

to a vm. Then, I mounted it in VM as /mnt/removable:
vm$ mount -o rw /dev/xvdi as /mnt/removable

The system replied:
mount: /dev/xvdi is write-protected; mounting read-only.
Is it expected?
Will PV SCSI (https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Paravirtualized_SCSI) support
DVD-RAM in read-write mode if it is connected to the same SATA
controller as the system HDDs?

Thanks,
- David

moritzbr...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2017, 5:52:16 AM4/18/17
to qubes-users, dim...@yahoo.com, moritz...@freenet.de

Does your DVD burner support DVD-RAM disks?You can check that by executing "cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info" in dom0.
Sometimes DVD-RAM disks are mounted read-only, because of unsupported UDF versions or other problems, so you could try formatting the DVD with your vm.